An IoT service to accelerate your B2C development and enhance user experience
What is Data Share?
Data Share is an IoT data aggregation solution for app providers that is:
- user-centric and privacy-focused, managing user consent at the same time as the transfer of IoT data.
- based on a universal norm for modeling device data, making it easier than ever to develop services based on multiple devices of different brands.
Data Share – Free beta version available now
Today, Data Share is a service available to end-users and business partners alike, as a free self-service beta.
Through their dedicated account, end-users share their IoT data with developers, partners, etc., in exchange for value-adding services.
With Data Share beta, Orange offers to act as a data controller, with the following benefits:
- End-users enjoy fine-tuned control over their data and privacy
- Developers have a common norm to model data from multiple devices of different brands
- Developers, integrators, etc. are freed from the complexity of managing user consent and can focus on their value proposition
How it works
- Users’ IoT data is aggregated in the Data Share beta platform
- Users manage their data and permissions through a personal Data Share account
- Users, through their account in your service, give you access to relevant IoT data in exchange for value-adding services
Data Share B2B – coming soon
After the success of the Data Share beta with a wide range of partners, Orange is evolving this service to meet the IoT ecosystem’s needs for solutions that:
- Enrich user experiences with connected devices
- Are user-centric and privacy-focused by design
- Help service providers of all kinds accelerate the development of their IoT offers
- Seamlessly integrate into their user journeys while being GDPR-compliant by design
The next version of Data Share will be a paid B2B platform managing IoT data and user consent on behalf of third parties.
With Data Share B2B, Orange offers to act as a secure data processor. This makes it easier for you to create new services based on the connected devices used by your customers in their daily lives; meanwhile, you stay in control of your customer relationship!
With this new version, you will be able to improve your user experience by integrating connected devices, and to re-expose user data to develop your digital ecosystem. Future developments will include a SaaS model, SDKs, sector-specific APIs and more.
How it works
- The B2B Data Share platform aggregates & manages users’ IoT data and consent simultaneously, in a GDPR-compliant environment
- Users only need to share permission through their account within your service, enabling you to keep a seamless customer journey.